Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » full database export with fake values of data
full database export with fake values of data [message #269895] Tue, 25 September 2007 01:26 Go to next message
vijaychauhan
I have a 8.1.5 database amd want to take full database export,
I also want the data, but not the actual values, e.g.
if there is a name column amd the name is mike, then I, want a randomly assigned name for it.
but the problem will be when it will be primary key or have some constraint on it, also i want it for complete database at a time, is there any procedure or method or such a thing.
thank you.
Re: full database export with fake values of data [message #269907 is a reply to message #269895] Tue, 25 September 2007 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
It is not an Oracle issue but an application one.
Only the application knows what are the relation between the values, what are the consistency rules, how to obfuscate them and which ones to obfuscate...

Regards
Michel

Re: full database export with fake values of data [message #270109 is a reply to message #269895] Tue, 25 September 2007 14:36 Go to previous message
MarcL
Sounds like to me the best approach might be to do your export with no data. Then run some load scripts which will populate your "fake" data.
Previous Topic: Problem with data pump
Next Topic: Need help to write SQL*LOADER control file.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 09:50:32 CDT 2024