Home » Other » Suggestions & Feedback » www.orafaq.com??  () 1 Vote
www.orafaq.com?? [message #171361] Tue, 09 May 2006 09:22 Go to next message
Yasir Hashmi
hi all,

I want to know that when and how did this site come into existence.
Thanks and regards
Yasir hashmi
Re: www.orafaq.com?? [message #171366 is a reply to message #171361] Tue, 09 May 2006 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
Here's a start.

MHE

[moderator edit: fix link]
Re: www.orafaq.com?? [message #171376 is a reply to message #171361] Tue, 09 May 2006 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yasir Hashmi
Thanks for that link.
I also wanted to know that how these moderators were formed.
thanks and regards
yasir hashmi
Re: www.orafaq.com?? [message #171408 is a reply to message #171361] Tue, 09 May 2006 14:39 Go to previous message
Frank Naude
David T. Bath maintained a USENET FAQ and website in the early 1990's and I contributed some FAQs to it. Later, unfortunately, my update requests were ignored. So, in 1995 I've decided to start my own homepage and posted the FAQs on my personal site.

The rest is history: first we've registered an orafaq.org site (with the help or Reltec, Inc.), then orafaq.com, and so on. The site grew beyond the capacity available for a personal site; then outgrew a shared hosting account; today we run on a dedicated high-end Intel server (Enterprise Linux, 2 GB Ram, RAID-1 disk configuration).

Several people contributed to the site over the years. So, although I'm still looking after the servers (with some help), I cannot claim that it belongs to me anymore. Several companies sponsored the domains and hardware over the years; several users contributed FAQs and articles; several users started to man the forums; etc.

Today OraFAQ is a huge community of Oracle users and much more than just FAQs. The challenge is to constantly improve the site and open it up so more users can participate and take ownership of content. Still, some areas of this site are hugely neglected, and in desperate need of attention. So, if you can help out, please do let us know!
Previous Topic: Address no longer accepts mail
Next Topic: on what basis??
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:26:50 CDT 2024