Home » Other » Suggestions & Feedback » Why have the stickies in the Forms forum 'come loose'?
Why have the stickies in the Forms forum 'come loose'? [message #140584] Tue, 04 October 2005 18:11 Go to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
G'day ... I changed a not-new 'poll' to be a 'sticky', this caused it to be placed 'above' the existing stickies, and now all three stickies are 'sliding down' the list instead of staying at the 'top'.

Any ideas?

David
Re: Why have the stickies in the Forms forum 'come loose'? [message #140593 is a reply to message #140584] Tue, 04 October 2005 18:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barbara Boehmer
That is really strange. I did a test in the test forum with two stickies to see if there was a limit of only one sticky. I also did a test in the test forum with a combination of sticky and poll to see if that caused the problem. Then I entered a new topic, but they all stayed stuck, so I was unable to reproduce the problem. However, sometimes things are set up differently in one forum than another.

In the Forms forum, I tried editing and updating each of the three stickies and ensuring that they were all stickies with no expiratioin, but it had no effect. Then I changed the sticky with the poll to a regular message and the other stickies went back to the top. I changed the poll back to a sticky and it went back to the top. Then I posted a test message and all there stickies stayed stuck as they should. So, the problem seems to be fixed, at least so it appears for now, but I do not know what caused it initially.

I deleted all of my tests.
Re: Why have the stickies in the Forms forum 'come loose'? [message #140594 is a reply to message #140593] Tue, 04 October 2005 19:03 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Thanks Barbara,

I created the 'poll', let it 'sit' for a while during which time others posts werre created, and THEN I edited the original posting and made it a 'sticky'. I am still a bit new to the facilities associated with the forums and am certainly not game enough to make the modifications that you have performed and listed. Shocked

Again, thank you.

David
Previous Topic: Maintenance of the FAQs
Next Topic: Somewhat slow "submit reply"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:24:28 CDT 2024