Home » Infrastructure » Other Operating Systems » Running in Production Mainframe Batch jobs accessing Oracle in UNIX
Running in Production Mainframe Batch jobs accessing Oracle in UNIX [message #113957] Tue, 09 September 2003 08:02 Go to next message
Pablo Campanini
We currently can run JCL Batch jobs in the mainframe and access Oracle in UNIX.
We would like to know if anybody is running PRODUCTION jobs every day in the mainframe and access a remote Oracle in UNIX. Did you have any problems implementing?, how is the performance?.
Re: Running in Production Mainframe Batch jobs accessing Oracle in UNIX [message #113958 is a reply to message #113957] Thu, 11 September 2003 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Mansfied
Pablo,
we do a lot of this. It runs fine. If we do have any problems they tend to be on the UNIX side - (not so stable as the mainframe).
: We currently can run JCL Batch jobs in the mainframe and access Oracle in UNIX.
: We would like to know if anybody is running PRODUCTION jobs every day in the mainframe and access a remote Oracle in UNIX. Did you have any problems implementing?, how is the performance?.
Re: Running in Production Mainframe Batch jobs accessing Oracle in UNIX [message #575920 is a reply to message #113958] Tue, 29 January 2013 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
magsv
Hi Paul/Pablo,

We are in similar process of converting COBOL/VSAM &IMS databases to COBOL with ORACLE in (UNIX). Were there any issues related to performance stand point as COBOL/VSAM & IMS is always faster than the hopping to ORACLE in UNIX.

Can you let me know what challenges you have faced and how you went about tuning apart from application code. Are there any setting that I need to check for optimal performance.
Re: Running in Production Mainframe Batch jobs accessing Oracle in UNIX [message #575931 is a reply to message #575920] Tue, 29 January 2013 09:19 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
Neither Paul nor Pablo has been back here in almost 10 years.
I suggest that you do not hold your breath while waiting for a more meaningful response.

Please read and follow the forum guidelines, to enable us to help you:

http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/
Previous Topic: Mainframe connecting to ORACLE 9i (Outside box on UNIX)
Next Topic: Oracle for UBUNTU
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:03:35 CDT 2024