Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Missing Radio Buttons when upgrade from 4.2 to 5.1 (Oracle 11g - APEX 4.2 to 5.1)
Missing Radio Buttons when upgrade from 4.2 to 5.1 [message #678017] Thu, 31 October 2019 09:29 Go to next message
AdrianWard
Hi

We are running AEPX 4.2 on an Oracle 11g database and have upgraded to APEX 5.1.

Since the upgrade, on the User Maintenance screen (APEX Admin) and Application Import screens, the radio buttons do not display.

If I create a new screen and add radio buttons, these work fine.

Has anyone else had this experience?

Regards
Adrian
Re: Missing Radio Buttons when upgrade from 4.2 to 5.1 [message #678028 is a reply to message #678017] Thu, 31 October 2019 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Welcome to the forum. Please read the OraFAQ Forum Guide and How to use code tags and make your code easier to read

I cannot comment on the problem you describe (perhaps other people can) but I can say that the developers I support always push me to upgrade APEX as soon as a new release comes out. 5 is very old. Why not go to 19.1? Your problem might just be a bug that was fixed a long time ago.
Re: Missing Radio Buttons when upgrade from 4.2 to 5.1 [message #678029 is a reply to message #678028] Fri, 01 November 2019 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AdrianWard
John Watson wrote on Thu, 31 October 2019 14:12
Welcome to the forum. Please read the OraFAQ Forum Guide and How to use code tags and make your code easier to read

I cannot comment on the problem you describe (perhaps other people can) but I can say that the developers I support always push me to upgrade APEX as soon as a new release comes out. 5 is very old. Why not go to 19.1? Your problem might just be a bug that was fixed a long time ago.

Hi John, thanks for the response.

Our first attempt was to go from 4.2 to 19.1 directly but as well as this issue, we also had the 'Static Images' issue. We resolved the SI problem but couldn't resolve the radio buttons so we went to 5.1, however this had the radio issue as well.

Oracle advised us to go back to 4.2 to prove the radio buttons were ok and then upgrade to 5.1.

Issue with radio buttons still remains.

Strangely, as mentioned in the original post, it's only on the APEX master screens that I see the issue. If I create a form with a radio button on, it displays fine?
Re: Missing Radio Buttons when upgrade from 4.2 to 5.1 [message #678030 is a reply to message #678029] Fri, 01 November 2019 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Again, I speak as a DBA, not a developer. In your case, I would not upgrade at all but rather create a new database, install APEX19.1, and then export/import the schemas, workspaces, and applications. That would be only a couple of hours work to do as a test, though of course it might take a lot longer to do for a production move.
Re: Missing Radio Buttons when upgrade from 4.2 to 5.1 [message #678031 is a reply to message #678030] Fri, 01 November 2019 03:45 Go to previous message
AdrianWard
John Watson wrote on Fri, 01 November 2019 03:38
Again, I speak as a DBA, not a developer. In your case, I would not upgrade at all but rather create a new database, install APEX19.1, and then export/import the schemas, workspaces, and applications. That would be only a couple of hours work to do as a test, though of course it might take a lot longer to do for a production move.
Now that my friend, is an option I never even considered.

Many thanks, I will pass this on to my DBA team and see what happens Smile
Previous Topic: Link to BI Dashboard
Next Topic: ORDS connection pools
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:49:03 CDT 2024