Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Privilege problem in Oracle to make it more secure (oracle 9207, sun solaris 5.9)
icon5.gif  Privilege problem in Oracle to make it more secure [message #319844] Tue, 13 May 2008 03:28 Go to next message
harry07
Hi All,

Consider a schema (X) that has select any table privilege but we want to exclude 1 or more schemas (Y,Z) that should not be accessed by the schema X.
Can you please let me know if this is possible?

In our case MGR_FPA is schema X and as MGR_FPA has SELECT ANY TABLE privilege If I create any secure schema that will be accessible to MGR_FPA user.

I would like to create a schema that is more secure and tables in that schema should be only accessible to that user.

Other alternative is that I will have to remove select any table privilege from MGR_FPA, but that is a costly alternative as many programs may fail and need immediate attention.

Please let me know if there is a way to make it happen.

[Updated on: Tue, 13 May 2008 03:49] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Privilege problem in Oracle to make it more secure [message #319849 is a reply to message #319844] Tue, 13 May 2008 03:51 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
Consider a schema (X) that has select any table privilege but we want to exclude 1 or more schemas (Y,Z) that should not be accessed by the schema X.
Can you please let me know if this is possible?

It is not possible.
SELECT ANY TABLE is ANY table.

Quote:
I would like to create a schema that is more secure and tables in that schema should be only accessible to that user.

So grant it explicit object privileges and not generic system one.

Regards
Michel

Previous Topic: problem in dropping a database
Next Topic: Batch Environment
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 09 18:08:10 CDT 2024