Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Oracle Scheduler locks packages (Oracle 10g R2, Windows Server 2003)
Oracle Scheduler locks packages [message #316816] Mon, 28 April 2008 07:53 Go to next message
yamon
I am moving Windows schedules into Oracle Scheduler and created the new procedures in a package, to keep the procedures together. I have noticed that when a procedure in the package is running via the scheduler, I cannot alter any of the other procedures in the package, as the package appears to be locked.

Therefore, for large procedures, is it recommended that all scheduler rocedures be stand alone procedures? And therefore, if the old Windows schedules (batch files calling sql scripts) reference packaged procedures, do these packaged procedures need to be re-created as stand-alone procedures?

Thanks,
Yamon
Re: Oracle Scheduler locks packages [message #316859 is a reply to message #316816] Mon, 28 April 2008 10:49 Go to previous message
ThomasG
The real question here is: Why are you changing the packages all the time?

There should only be a need to change packages during upgrades of the application, when jobs shouldn't be running anyway.
Previous Topic: Forgot password
Next Topic: Oracle 11g features
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 09 18:00:49 CDT 2024